When it comes to your vehicle, prevention is 10 times cheaper than cure. There are lots of ways to kill a perfectly good vehicle, and neglecting periodic maintenance is the biggest one. General service is carried out in regular intervals typically every 10,000 km/6 months depending on your vehicle and type of oil used.
How it’s done:
General service usually starts with a complete vehicle checkup and might include a test drive along with the customer to check for the engine, electricals, braking, suspension, clutch, wheels, and tires. Every workshop has a standard checklist depending on your car model and usage. Typically, the following services are performed:
- Engine Oil is replacement & Oil Filter replacement
- The braking system is cleaned and an overhaul is recommended if necessary.
- The air filter is cleaned and replaced if necessary
- Coolant levels are checked and replaced if necessary
- Battery levels are checked and battery terminals are cleaned to prevent rust
- Wiper fluid is topped up
- Fuel filters and cabin filters are inspected and replaced if necessary
- Wheel alignment or Wheel balancing is carried out if necessary
How important is this service
General Service is probably the most important service your car needs. Even if you don’t have time for other services, Gaadiman strongly recommends you to stick to a maintenance schedule. It will end up saving you a lot of money and make your car ownership experience a lot smoother.